Friday, July 10, 2009

Recall for Mount KK

Today is friday and now i do not have class. This week has been the messy and blury week for me as many course not yet settle. Guess just follow the group and take the course.
Lets recall back the trip to mount KK last week. The trip was really adventurous. Supposely i should have train myself before climb the mount KK. Guess i was too lazy and keep on looking for the excuses, i end up suffering when climbing. The journey was really yough for me as i do not have the enough stamina.
On Saturday, we start our journey around 0830. Firstly i walk together with my sister as it was still on the start. Later on i end up walk by myself as they are quite fast and i having breathing difficulty due toi the flu. It makes me breath quite loud even myself can hear the breathing. After don't know how many kilometres i walk, my guide, also the portal is already catch up me. Guess i was too slow. Even the guide can take some rest at the rest point and still able to catch up with me.What i can do is just keep on walking and never let myself to stop for too long. Because i know that if i take too long of the rest time, i might not be able to reach the top. So i keep on encourage myself by thinking that MY SIS SPONSOR ME, DON'T WASTE THE MONEY! Haha, that's the spirit that make me keep going.
When i walk till the pekan nabalu rest point, if i not mistaken the name, i was freaking cold there. My shirt is all wet due to rain and i was wearing short pants. That time i was about to give up as i do not know whether i will move my self to the laban rata-rest point. Then some of the guide there told me not to stop and keep walking to the laban rata as i was wet, it will make me more cold if i stop especially that time was raining. So i just follow their instruction and keep going.
Luckily my guide was with me. Actually i would have to thanks him for guiding me throught all the way to the peak. Without him, i guess it is hard for me to reach there.
All the way to laban rata, the guide hold me and guide me step on the rock that fit my height. Don't take the big and high rock that make a big gaps for me as it will make me more tiring. i just follow his advise and till the last kilometre, i was too tire and keep on stopping. I was getting colder at the same time and i know i still have one more hour to go to meet my sister at laban rata. Finally i made my way to laban rata and i was chilling that time. My toes and my hands is freezing and i hardly can move my leg once i sit down. And my sisters end up serve me with the hot waters and foods. As i know that i have use up to 8 hours to complete the 8km journey. Basically 1 hour for 1 kilometres. While my sister, of course they use lesser time than me as they have train themselves. What a long journey for me...
The next day i start climbing around 0230. I been told that this time will need 4 hours to reach till the peak. So i guess is another 4 kilometres to reach the peak. The night was dark, but the moon is so beautiful and accompany me all the way to the peak. The journey have around 700 metres of stairs road. The rest is all rock road and it is quite dangerous. Probably because it was night, we just depends on the rope there and follow it to the peak. However, my guide of course as usual bring me to the way that is easily walk compared to the place near the rope. I guess at the same time many are jealous of me as my guide is really guide me all the way to the peak. Finally, i had successfully made it to the peak of Mount KK. Really thanks to my guide-Nizam! Because of his patient on me, i made to the top even i was slow.
After taking some of the picture when on the peak, we started to climb back down to the laban rata to check out there. While i was made my way down, i was quite impress with myself that how am i actually climb to the top. The way was really steep. Have to be extra carefull when going down. Probably because it was night i start the journey, so i could barely see the way to the top. Some more it was the guide who actually help me to the top.
I was so glad and proud of myself of being able to reach the peak. I was so proud to myself. Hahaha.... Big clap for me!!! But i was not so happy with the record that i made to the top. Basically was like getting a helping hand to help me. I guess i should give it another try next time where i will use my own strength to the top. Try to get my own record there. However, i am sincerely thanks to the Nizam for helping me to the top and i can watch the breath taking views of Sabah and the sun rise. Hope will meet him again!!!

ps: the photo will try to upload soon as it is not with me now... stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment